Multisite Global Search
Easily search through all blogs into your WordPress Multisite posts by post title, post content or post author. Multisite Global Search doesn’t work with single WordPress installation and it must be activated for all sites using “network activate” in the plugins admin panel.
This plugin is based on my other global search plugin, WPMU Global Search. It has some new features but if you want to keep using the older version of WordPress MU, you can install my other plugin.
Currently in the following languages:
- English (en_GB)
- French (fr_FR) by Fabrice Perrinel
- German (de_DE) by Dennis Vorpahl
- Norwegian Bokmal (nb_NO) by Tore Johnny Bråtveit
- Portuguese (pt_PT) by José Anjos
- Romanian (ro_RO) by Alexander Ovsov Web Geek Science
- Russian (ru_RU) by Sam Savinov
- Slovak (sk_SK) by Branco WebHostingGeeks.com
- Spanish (es_ES)
If you have created your own language pack, or have an update of an existing one, you can send gettext .po and .mo files to me so that I can bundle it into Multisite Global Search.
- WordPress Multisite Installation.
- MySQL 5.0.1 or greater.
- The MySQL user needs to be assigned the ability to “create views” and “drop views” in WordPress database.
- Permalink structure must be diferent to default when widget is activated in a blog of your network.
- Search on posts and pages.
- Put search form into your code.
- Insert search form in templates using a shortcode:
- Use type attribute to select vertical form or horizontal form. Default attribute value: vertical.
- Use page attribute to change results page URI. Default attribute value: globalsearch.
Search results will be showed in http://your_blog_URL/multisite-search.
- Search results are showed in a page which contents the shortcode:
- Show excerpted results:
- Multisite Global Search Widget. Show a search form in your sidebar.
- Customizable relative URI for results page.
- Two different form types, vertical and horizontal.
- Search across all network blogs or only in your blogs if you are logged.
- Entries on every site across your installation appear in search results immediately after publication.
- Receive results from your complete blog network, even sites you do not own or control.
- Customizable style sheet for widget and results page.
Download the plugin from the WordPress Plugin Repository: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multisite-global-search/
If plugin works in your WP version, send your vote and push works in the compatibility form.