Strategic Partnership in Adult Migrant Education: Perspectives from Mediterranean, Baltic Sea Regions (MEDBALT)
The decades from 1990 to 2010 mark a period of intense international migration in Europe, which brought forth various challenges for national and international state policies and called for societies to deal with intercultural coexistence. At the same time as the western European countries began to critically evaluate their immigration and migrant integration policies, the ‘new’ EU member states confronted the challenges of creating migration regulations and strategies for migrant integration, where access to education is considered as one of migrants’ basic needs.
As a consequence, the aim of the project Strategic Partnership in Adult Migrant Education: Perspectives from Mediterranean and Baltic Sea Regions is to prepare a methodology for the adult migrants’ education based on good practices implemented in each participating country.
- to develop a case study on the adult migrants’ integration and education in each in the project participating country
- to prepare political recommendations in the field of migrants’ education for integration
- study the good practices in adult migrants’ education
- analysis of the methodology of adult migrants education and integration programmes
- preparation of the education methodology of adult migrants
- recommendations for the programmes and infrastructure for the integration of adult migrants
- final project conference to present the results